Wednesday, May 08, 2013

PUT Eve, 2013

My first Police Unity Tour Ride was in 2006.  The ride in 2006 started off with a breakfast at Florham Park Police Department.  Lots of bikes were sitting around, among them was mine.  I had stickers on my bikes of the names of all the Officers who died in Colorado in 2005.  While standing around waiting to start, another rider noticed the sticker for Donnie Young.  She said she remembered hearing about his death at the send off Ceremony the year before at Livingston NJ.  During that Ceremony the recognized Officers recently killed in the line of duty, including Donnie, who was killed that day, May 8, 2005.


I finished my first Police Unity Tour and took a picture of my bike at the panel where Donnie's name is engraved.

In October of 2012 I ran the Ride and Run to Remember to benefit the memorial and took this picture of Donnie's name on the wall.  Unfortunately the memorial will never be complete and there are now three more lines of names under Donnie's.

On the 8th Anniversary of his death, I'm helping to get things ready for tomorrow's departure and happy to know that his daughter will be graduating from college on Friday.  

No comments: